Monday, October 16, 2017
I woke up this morning and my daughter was scurrying to get out the door to work. We were discussing the fact that it was National Boss's Day as she gathered everything she needed for the day. After I enjoyed a nice walk in the brisk fall air, returned home to a delicious breakfast, started the laundry, came to the computer to begin my own workday and saw more posts about the day, it suddenly occurred to me "Hey! This is MY Day!" That's right, I am my own Beauty Boss, so National Boss's Day is in celebration of me as well. Woo hoo! I'm enjoying my special day by doing the things I usually do on a Monday - housework, doing whatever business things need to be done for my customers and potential customers, connecting with my downline and celebrating them as well since they are also Beauty Bosses, and writing this blog post - all the while enjoying the gorgeous day right here at home with my back door open so I can feel the breeze and hear the leaves blowing in the wind. I'm on my second cup of tea and about to take a break to eat some cinnamon crisps that are calling my name from the kitchen. Later I plan to do a Facebook Live video and share a bit of what I am doing to further my business on this day.
Since the introduction of Avon Anew Skin Care products over 20 years ago, I have been very impressed with the technology and the benefits of these products, and so have my customers. I have customers who make certain that they never run out of their Anew products and even one who tries to never get lower than her currently open products and her backup set! I don't keep a lot of products in stock, but I do make sure I always have at least one of each Anew Ultimate product, because that is my best selling Anew line. Yes, I have dedicated Anew users among my customers, but I also have customers who have never tried the products for one reason or another. It is high time I corrected that situation, so I am making a FREE offer available to my current and my potential customers who have never tried the Anew products. Why? Because I believe in the products and because, as my own Beauty Boss, I can decide to do that. Therefore, if you are not an Avon Representative, if you are not currently using Avon Anew Skin Care, and if you live in the continental United States, let me know which Anew line you would like to try and I will send you enough samples, absolutely free, to try the products for several days. If you need help in making a decision about which product is best for your skin, you can read more about them at my blog post here, you can take the Skin Care Advisor quiz online, or you can ask me for my personal recommendation.
Ah, the Avon Boss Life. It starts by ordering a kit, it improves with free online training, and it leads to beautiful things that you never expected it would.
Thursday, October 12, 2017
Greetings, Cloud Climbers!
Wow! A lot of us had direct delivery orders at our online stores in C21. Isn't it exciting to know you are making money just by sharing your online store link? Be sure to share it often and at different times on the day on social media and include it on all brochures that you deliver to your customers. Some of the people who order at my online store live within two miles of me and just prefer that method of shopping. I still deliver brochures to the ones who live close by, at least every third campaign, to encourage them to keep shopping. I also send personal email "Thank You" notes to them at times so they hear from me directly in addition to the stock email of thanks they receive from Avon on my behalf. The personal touch matters! Those with direct delivery orders for C21 are: Sandra Moore, Judy Ashworth, Deanna Buswell, Cassandra Mae Young, Alison Hogan, Yvonne Lassiter, Margaret McCrary, April Moore, Joanne Bradford, Rene Parker, Danielle Reneau, Brenda Taylor, and Susanne Walters. The top five people in direct delivery sales so far this year: Sandra Moore ($3,799.65), Rene Parker ($575.47), Brittney Monti ($569.21), Alison Hogan ($461.18), and Joanne Bradford ($447.96).
Top Ten in Sales for C21
1. Sandra Moore HS $815
2. Deanna Buswell $479
3. Alison Hogan $453
4. Gladys Faulk $381
5. Cynthia Blake $347
6. Cassandra Young $315
7. Steffanie Erdelt $305
8. Rene Parker PC $302
9. Debbie Bowers $274
10. Mary Bowen $256 (Congrats on a great first order, Mary!)
Sales are clearly picking up as we head into the Christmas selling season. Or could it be that they are higher because we are already doing our own Christmas shopping with Avon? I'm already buying helper gifts and I'm adding to my stash of gifts for weddings from some of the Avon Living items. I've ordered the sets of holiday hand creams and lip balms because it is my tradition to take a basket of mini hand creams and lip balms to family gatherings, along with our calendars, and everyone looks forward to picking from my basket. Even some of the guys pick out hand creams and lip balms! Don't forget about teacher gifts if you have children, because we have lots of items that are ideal for that purpose.
Have you chosen the date you will use for flexible ordering? I found out that Cassandra Young is the only one currently on our team who will not be participating in flexible ordering, so the rest of you should be putting some thought into it and choosing your dates. Picking a date early in the campaign is helpful for making sure items that are in high demand do not run out, but picking a later date could work best if you sell to people who procrastinate and/or need to wait until payday to order. Being able to choose your date is a good thing, but please try to be as consistent as you can be once you choose a date, and then be sure to give your regular customers plenty of notice about the change, especially if you are changing it to an earlier time.
Congratulations go to Deanna Buswell for earning a $50 Award in the KickStart Program! I know Deanna will put that money to good use. Also, congratulations to Deanna for adding a new team member, Theresa Leonard, just this week. I also want to welcome Candra Simmons of Chattsworth, GA, Patricia Echols of Vinement, AL, and Tammy Sears of Dickson, TN. Theresa, Candra, Patricia, and Tammy, we are happy to have you as a Cloud Climbers and I pray this is just the start of very successful businesses for all of you.
I hope that I will see a few of you at the Drive Like a Boss Workshop this Saturday in Huntsville. If you have not registered, please do so today, because there is only room for about 120 people and I heard that 100 have already registered. Of course, a few of those may not show up, so if you don't get to register but find that you can come, please do! It has been reported to me by a reliable source that these events are a lot of fun.
A few of you are now doing setups at events, which is one way to get contacts for potential team members and customers while selling a bit of Avon stock. I enjoy these events because I like interacting with the public and networking with other vendors. Deanna Buswell recently participated in two events and I was able to loan her some of my table coverings and my canopy. If you are doing events in the Huntsville area (I believe Donna Langford is planning one soon), talk to me to see if there are ways I can help you.
It's time to close this newsletter out now so that I can get it to you today. Let me know in what ways I can help you to build your business and I will do my best.
Cloud Climbers Team Leader/Mentor
Thursday, October 5, 2017
In Campaign 22 Avon is presenting Skincare 101. Experts agree that a basic skin care regimen is essential to a lifetime of beautiful skin and Avon has all the products you need for that basic regimen as well as treatment products in the Clinical line for more specific areas that you would like to target. Be sure to look at the first 35 pages of the brochure to learn about each product and also see some tips on how to keep your eyes looking youthful.
Here are some of the best buys I noticed in C22:
- Pgs. 3-19: Anew Ultimate and Platinum products and Anew Clinical products are all on sale.
- Pg. 21: Regimen Sets are back in Anew Ultimate and Anew Platinum and each is a $121 value for only $55. This is an excellent buy and I'm so glad to see they are back!
- Pg. 25, Anew Sheet Masks are $10 for each set of 4 - only available while supplies last.
- Pg. 41, Many people like to use a primer before eyeshadow and Avon True Color Eyeshadow Primer is only $5.99.
- Pg. 46, SuperExtend Winged Out Mascara and SuperExtend Nourishing Mascara are $5.99 each.
- Pg. 50/51, Need a concealer? We have three of them with shades for every skin tone and they are $6.99 each.
- Pg. 55, How about a new blush to match those beautiful fall shades you will be wearing? I recommend Antique Rose Luminous Blush to go with almost anything. And it you only want a tiny flush of color, try Candlelight. The price is $7.99.
- Pg. 61, Extra Lasting Cream-to-Powder and Extra Lasting Liquid Foundations give 18-hour wear without feeling heavy. Each is only $10.99 this campaign.
- Pg. 62, From fall through the winter, many women love to wear black and red fashions. A perfect lipstick to go with those would be Extra Lasting Lipstick in the shade Endless Red. If you prefer a red that is brighter or with a touch of orange, try Fiery Red or Eternal Flame. Each one is only $7.99 right now.
- Pg. 69, Today Eau de Parfum Spray has a scent spot on the page. You really need to experience this fragrance, and right now it is only $20. In fact, all the Today Tomorrow Always fragrances are $20 each.
- Pg. 77, Haiku Reflection set of 4 products is $23. This is a fresh water scent.
- Pg. 79, Experience the scent of Rare Pearls with the scent spot here and then purchase it for only $12.99.
- Pgs. 80/81, The Far Away fragrances are your choice for $12.99 and you can experience Far Away Gold on page 81.
- Pg. 107, SSS Fresh & Smooth Shave Oil is $6.99. This product transforms to a creamy lather on wet skin and moisturizes while you shave.
- Pg. 110/111, If you are already starting your Christmas gift shopping, creating sets from the Planet Spa products on these pages makes an ideal gift that will pamper your loved one. Don't waste your time going to the mall to shop when you can shop right from your seat and have even better products at a great price ~ ranging from $6.99 to $9.99.
- Pg. 113, Another great gift idea, for a man or woman, is this 3 for $11.99 set of foot creams. The Intensive Moisture Foot Cream is suitable for diabetics.
- Pg. 159, Two Artisan Collection Inspirational Charm Necklaces are $9.99 each and would also make a great gift.
- Pgs. 212/213, Our Holiday Preview fragrance collections for her are only $25 a set in Little Red Dress and Prima - scent spot on the page for Prima.
- Back cover, The Fresh & Clean A Box is a value of over $31 for only $10 with your $40 purchase. This makes a great gift too!
As you can see near the bottom of the above list, Avon has already started selling Holiday gift items. With the next brochure, we will be going full force into Christmas gift items. Wouldn't you like to be able to offer these items to your own customers - earning money to use for your Christmas shopping as well as getting a discount on the wonderful items you are selling for your own gift giving? Get started now at smoore.avonrepresentative.com/opportunity/start.
Monday, September 25, 2017
C21 is our Shop for the Greater Goods campaign and the brochure is filled with must-have items that support the most important women's causes. We have many new items for Pink Hope (Avon Breast Cancer Crusade) and Purple Peach (Speak Out Against Domestic Violence). Take a look here to see all of them in the front pages of the brochure.
Here are some of the best buys of C21:
- Pg. 19, True Color Perfectly Matte Lipstick and True Color Bold Lipstick are $5.99 each. There are some beautiful shades for fall here!
- Pg. 20, Naturally you will want a True Color Pro+ Nail Enamel to match or coordinate with your new lipstick, and you can get one for another $5.99.
- Pg. 34, True Color Cuticle Conditioner, Base Coat, and Top Coat will make your manicure look nicer and last longer and each one is available for $5.99.
- Pg. 45, Dew Kiss and three Flavor Savers (Strawberry, Melon, and Vanilla) have returned to the brochure - back by popular demand - and are $2.00 each.
- Pg. 63, Eye Lift Pro Dual Eye System, formulated with arginine, is an Avon Best of Beauty product and only $19.99.
- Pg. 69, Anew Reversalist Day Lotion, Day Cream, Night Cream, and Eye System - each item only $19.99.
- Pg. 73, Anew Mini Sizes with Big Benefits. If you want to try an Anew Regimen, this is the perfect way to do so. Two week trial sizes that are only $6.99 each. They are also TSA approved.
- Pg. 79, Two steps to firmer skin - Anew Clean Comforting Cream Cleanser & Mask and 2 Firming Masks for a total of $15.
- Pgs. 96/97, The Rare fragrances are your choice for $12.99. There's a scent spot for Rare Gold on pg. 97.
- Pg. 101, Little Black Dress and Little Red Dress are $25 each with matching Shower Gel and Body Lotion (a $20 value), free!
- Pgs. 108/109, The Classics Collection fragrances are your choice at $8.99.
- Pg. 115, Mesmerize cologne for men is only $12.99. This is one of our best selling men's fragrances.
- Pg. 117, Black Suede, another best selling men's fragrance, is only $8.99 and there is a scent spot on the page.
- Pg. 131, Skin So Soft Fresh & Smooth Hair Removal items are all on sale this campaign. We have these for Sensitive Skin as well.
- Pg. 145, Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing & Repair Lip Balm is only $1.49 and Perfumed Liquid Deodorant is $2.99.
- Back Cover, The A Box for only $10 with your $40 order! This one is all about the Power of Pink and is a $31 value.
There is a code for free shipping on a $20 order at smoore.avonrepresenative.com that is only good until 11:59 on Tuesday, September 26, and that code is TWENTY.
Monday, September 18, 2017
Greetings all you lovely Cloud Climbers!
It is past time for me to get the Campaign 19 newsletter out to you, but September has been such a busy month so far and will continue to be a busy month, with so much to share too, that I have not been able to get it all together until now. I'll start with all the recognition, but please read through to the end for the important updates to Avon procedures.
Top Ten in Sales for C19
1. Sandra Moore HS
2. Melanie Hamilton
3. Steffanie Erdelt
4. Tisha Johnson
5. Alison Hogan
6. Phyllis Smith
7. Margaret McCrary
8. Carolyn King
9. Rene Parker PC
10. Hattie Bush
I'm happy to report that all of the above had sales over $250, and most were well over $250. I stocked up on a few items for an upcoming event, so I still ended up in the #1 spot, but if I had not done that, Melanie would have come close to out selling me!
Top Four in Sales for 2017 Year-to-Date
1. Sandra Moore HS
2. Steffanie Erdelt
3. Rene Parker PC
4. Phyllis Smith
If Steffanie, Rene, and Phyllis stay focused through the end of the year, all of them have a good opportunity to be in President's Club next year. I sure hope so! Remember, S, R, and P, that it only takes $10,000 in sales to be in PC. All three of you are just over half-way there and it may seem like it is too late in the year to make up the remaining amount, but 4th Quarter is almost here and sales are always best then. I have faith that you can do it! Buy this Avon necklace for yourself as a reminder that you can step out of your comfort zone and build your business better than it has ever been before. :)
New to our team since the last newsletter are: Stan Matthews of Stevenson, Alabama, Mary Bowen of La Fayette, Georgia, Tracie Myrick of Valley Head, Alabama, and Cassandra Mae Young of Rancho Cordova, California. Congratulations go to new Promoter Deanna Buswell who recruited Cassandra as her first team member when she found her on Facebook and made an effort to reach out and bring her into Avon as a Cloud Climber. I haven't had any return communication from Stan, Mary, or Tracie, but Cassandra has been talking to both Deanna and myself and I know she is already working hard to build a successful Avon business.
A few of our Cloud Climbers have been and are still struggling with some health challenges. I know of two who were having procedures done today and one who continues to take treatments for breast cancer. There are probably others who I don't know about, but these I am praying for and I want you ALL to know that I remember you frequently in prayer - praying for the success of your businesses and for any challenges that you have. Sophya Johnson gave birth to a baby boy this week, so we congratulate her on the new addition to her family! Like a truly dedicated Avon lady, she is getting her order turned in for Campaign 20 even if it is a few days late due to that sweet baby being born. Sophya does not want to disappoint her customers or miss out on any sales!
Here is news that I thought we would have received an email from Avon about today, because I know that it started today. I'm including the picture I received from my Leadership Coach on Thursday that explains it as well as pictures of the three starter kits so that you can go ahead and be sharing this good news with your potential team members.
In other big news, most of you should have received an email from Avon this week about going to a Flexible ordering system in Campaign 23. Yay! I've known this was coming but did not know when. If you did not receive the email, you are either not a part of the program or Avon does not have a valid email address for you. What this means for those who are on Flexible ordering is that YOU get to choose which day of the two week campaign period you want to turn in your order. I suggest that you pick a day and stick with it as much as you can so that your customers always know which day is your day for ordering. Flexible ordering also means that if you have to turn your order in late for some reason you will not be charged a late fee. For myself, I plan to back up my orders by one day because right now they are coming late on a Friday afternoon, sometimes as late as 7:30 or 8:00, and since we generally have other activities going on through the weekend I can't even get my order sorted until Monday. Backing it up a day will get it to me on Thursday and I can sort on Friday and be ready to deliver on Monday. If you are not yet on Flexible ordering, don't despair, because it will come to you eventually as Avon rolls this system out across the country.
I received a text this afternoon from the person who won the door prize at the booth I had at an event last Saturday. She was so excited and said she had received the package I had sent (I ordered her door prize at my online store for delivery to her and it came today) and that it made her week. I replied that I was glad someone won who took the time to express appreciation for her gifts, because I have delivered door prizes to people who never even said "Thank you." I hope that all of you remember toexpress appreciation to your customers and to anyone who does something special for you that they did not have to do. I'm sure you like to be appreciated yourself, so don't forget to appreciate others. That's my sermon for today. ;)
Friday, September 15, 2017
Just a couple of posts ago I told you all about the new Avon A Boxes. To recap: There is a new A Box every campaign and each one has a theme that fits with the brochure it is attached to. You can purchase the A Box for only $10 when you have a $40 order from the brochure, sale fliers, mark., Avon Living, or the Outlet. Since Campaign 21 is our "Shop for the Greater Goods" campaign, the A Box is "The Power of Pink." If you are shopping at my online store, the item number to use is 729-990. Unlike some "box" programs, there are no surprises in these boxes. You can always see every item that you will receive. A Boxes make great gifts, too!
Here is what you will find in your Power of Pink A Box:
A Boxes are just one exciting reason to begin your business now. The Avon opportunity gets better and better, and my next post will announce a MAJOR perk if you begin your Avon business now. Here's a hint: There's a rebate on the business kit involved. Stay tuned!
Saturday, September 9, 2017
Each campaign I prepare an email reminder for my team members to send to their customers and to send to my own customers. For this reminder I flip through the brochure pages that feature skin care, makeup, bath & body products, etc. that are on sale during the current campaign and make a bullet list of the ones I think are particularly good buys. Of course, there are many other items available at excellent prices (jewelry, clothing, shoes, totes, etc.) but I list the products that customer buy on a regular basis so that they can replenish their stock at the best deals. Here are the items I highlighted for Campaign 20:
- Pg. 3, True Color Lipsticks and Beyond Color Lipsticks and Lip Conditioner are each $5.99.
- Pg. 5, Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara is $4.99. This is the mascara that Avon has carried for more than 20 years because the customers won't let it go away.
- Pg. 9, Far Away has been one of our top selling fragrances for many years and you can get 5 products for only $25. There's a scent spot on the page.
- Pg. 10/11, Anew Power Serum is $22.99 and Clinical Lift Pro Dual Eye System is $19.99.
- Pg. 12, Anew Clinical Ultimate Cleanser is back! And it's only $6.99 this campaign.
- Pg. 15, Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing & Repair Extra Strength Cream is Lowest Price This Year of $2.99.
- Pg. 33, Flawless Cream-to-Powder Foundation is $8.99 and available in 21 shades to match every skin tone.
- Pg. 34, Ideal Nude Cream Concealer gives lightweight but full coverage, is available in 13 shades, and
- Pg. 41, Sheer Color Lip Balm, 4 shades that are mostly moisture but have a touch of color and only $2.99.
- Pgs. 42/43, all Brushes are on sale!
- Pg. 49, Gel Finish 7-in-1 Nail Enamel is LPTY of $6.99. Don't miss the 5 new shades - Terracotta, Rose Noir, Head in the Clouds, Clover, and Violuxe.
- Pg. 63, Clinical Absolute Even Dark Circle Corrector is $19.99.
- Pg. 65, Anew Skinvincible Deep Recovery Cream and Day Lotion with our highest level of SPF (SPF50) are each $19.99.
- Pg. 72-77, Anew Ultimate Day Cream and Night Cream and Anew Platinum Day Cream and Night Cream are each LPTY of $21.99.
- Pg. 101, Haiku and Haiku Kyoto Flower Eau de Parfums are $12.99 each, LPTY.
- Pg. 121, Full-size hand creams in 7 formulas are $2.49, which is their LPTY.
- Pg. 131, SSS Bonus-size Bath Oil in 4 formulas is $15.99, their LPTY.
- Back cover, The Best of Beauty Collection - 5 products for only $10 with your $40 order!!