Channeling 40 Years of Expertise into Skin Care that Makes a Beautiful Difference
Avon is at the forefront of skin care innovation with state-of-the-art research & development labs spanning six continents, hundreds of scientists, nearly 600 patents or patents pending, and partnerships with top universities and dermatologists.
At the Avon Skincare Institute, we relentlessly pursue the best in technology and formulation for high-performance skin care that delivers a beautiful difference for you. For example, did you know that:
- In 1992, with the introduction of Anew, Avon was the first brand to the mass market with Alpha Hydroxy Acid technology?
- Avon was first to use injectable grade ingredients in their skin care products?
- Avon was first to stabilize Vitamin A and Concentrated Vitamin C into skin care products?
Skin is the body's largest organ, and if you treat it with care, it will keep you looking and feeling your best. Not only does skin cover you from head to toe, it is made up of much more than what you see on the surface. As you may recall from your science classes in school, skin is made up of 3 distinct layers: the epidermis, the dermis, and the hypodermis. The epidermis is the outer layer and it is where visible signs of aging appear. The middle layer of skin is the dermis and it is where collagen and elastin are produced. The hypodermis is the bottom layer and consists of subcutaneous fat containing blood vessels and nerves.
Start by Knowing Your Skin Type
- Clear appearance
- Even coloring
- Neither tight nor greasy
- Soft and supple, high degree of elasticity
- Irritated and tight after cleansing
- Often looks flaky
- Tendency toward fine lines and wrinkling
- Dryness on cheeks and a shiny appearance on nose and forehead (T-zone)
- Medium-sized pores
- May experience some tightness
- Shiny appearance and enlarged pores
- Rough or irregular feel
- Prone to blackheads and blemishes
Now that you have determined your particular skin type, you are ready to learn what causes damage to your skin and how to work to counteract that damage. I'll cover the 7 Sins for Skin, Skin Ages & Stages, and The Beauty of a Skin Regimen in my next post.
*There is a 5th system available as well, ANEW Men, for men who want to protect their skin as well as bring it into better condition.
**Most of the iinformation contained in this post comes from an Avon training guide for representatives.